Account Manager AV Zuid
The amazing products for which Samsung is known world-wide are the results of the amazing people who work here. The talent, creativity, dedication, and commitment to innovation of their people is what makes them who they are. To continue to be a world leader in technology, they focus on attracting the best talent available and offer a corporate culture in which every individual can challenge themselves to discover how good they are, and how great they can become. Headquartered at Schiphol, the Netherlands, Samsung Electronics Benelux is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and a world leader in technology. They market a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics, smartphones, information systems, and home appliances. Samsung’s philosophy is based on their strong determination for growth, perpetual innovation, and responsibility to corporate citizenship. As a result of their commitment to innovation and unique design, the Samsung organization is one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. Their company is currently ranked #7 in Interbrand’s “100 Best Global Brands,” and named #3 on the Boston Consulting Group list as one of the world’s most innovative companies in 2014.
At Samsung, they work hard – every day. It is a fast-paced and challenging work environment, and they are a nimble team that constantly pushes themselves to be the best. If you have energy, passion, dedication, and drive, and you thrive in a fast-paced workplace, the rewards at Samsung are many. Imagine working for a global company that is a world leader in innovation, in an environment where exciting things happen every day. Imagine working with an amazing group of visionaries/ individuals who bring products to the market that bring joy to millions of people across the globe every single day. Imagine where you want to be, and who you want to be. At Samsung…the possibilities are limitless.
We are looking for an ambitious Account Manager in the region South, able to grow the market and significantly boost the sales within the Media Markt and Buying Groups in the Netherlands. The Account Manager will play an important role in heading up the company’s expansion and will drive sales activities among existing clients. The goal is to maximize the sales of the assigned product portfolios (Audio and TV), per the division targets, company guidelines, and regulations, to achieve the best results for the company. Ultimately strengthening the Samsung market position within your region.
You are a hunter; a dynamic and results-driven individual in the Business to Consumer sales arena, who thrives in a competitive environment. This vital role is about utilizing your professional selling skills to generate leads, cultivate client relationships, and to offer innovative solutions. On the long term, for the right person, this role offers an opportunity to develop into Key Account & Field Sales Management. This function reports to the Sales Manager within the Consumer Electronics Division.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current exiting retail customers, buying groups & chains (i.e. Expert, Mediamarkt) and other to maximize the Sales figures of assigned product portfolio;
- Negotiation with Price, Terms & Conditions, Marketing Activities for increase sell in / sell out;
- Develop the retail channel to introduce products and to sell in;
- All related marketing, sales activities to increase sell out;
- Collect market & competitors’ information;
- Forecast monthly sales;
- Attend events of the company or accounts in order to represent the company, to give product information and to maintain a strong relationship with the accounts;
- Create clear sales reports (weekly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly) of the sales process, status and forecast for the following period, within the rules and regulations of the company, to have full insight into the sales process;
- Analyze turnover data, collect recent marketing information, follow up aging, and control invoices. Compile an ongoing analysis of our market share in each product group by account;
- Work and communicate efficiently with the sales team of the division and other departments: credit & collection, order processing, logistic, legal (contract with account), extended sales force, marketing department. Active participation in weekly sales meetings.
- Ensure that the sales budget of the division is spent on focused and agreed items as per company guidelines.
- Build well thought data-driven account plans in line with strategic KPIs to reach ambitious targets and inform management about opportunities and threats in your region.
- Successfully completed Applied Sciences education/Higher Vocational Education/Higher Education (hbo Bachelor or equivalent).
- Direct selling experience of 2 to 3 years as a sales representative or Account Manager.
- Living in the Limburg or Brabant area is a must.
- Fluent in both Dutch and English.
- A healthy balance between Account Management and driving new business.
- A continuous drive to exceed expectations for both internal and external stakeholders.
- High energy level combined with strong initiative skills, working both independently and as part of a team.
- Customer focus: demonstrates concern for meeting and exceeding the needs of customers.
- Teamwork: work collaboratively with others to achieve group goals.
- Business acumen and agility: the ability to articulate the business value of Samsung and position them in competitive scenarios.
- Effective engagement & communication: time management & account management.
- Strong communication skills with different levels of the organization.