Account Manager AV
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS BENELUX BIG THINGS HAPPEN HERE!
The amazing products for which Samsung is known worldwide are the results of the amazing people who work here. The talent, creativity, dedication, and commitment to innovation of our people is what makes us who we are. To continue to be a world leader in technology, we focus on attracting the best talent available and offer a corporate culture in which every individual can challenge themselves to discover how good they are, and how great they can become. Headquartered at Schiphol, the Netherlands, Samsung Electronics Benelux is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
To meet new challenges and to fulfill the great ambitions of Samsung, we only hire the best people in the labor market. The standards of our company are high. Our culture is best characterized as no-nonsense and problem-solving. Lines of communication are short within the various departments. Our employees are result-oriented and they are the drive behind the success of this fast-growing organization. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, home appliances, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, and memory. For the AV department, we are looking for a strong Account Manager, able to grow the market and significantly boost the sales within the AV category in the East of the Netherlands with the right partners and network.
The Account Manager AV (East NL) will play a vital role in heading up the company’s expansion and will drive sales activities among existing clients (MediaMarkt, Buying Groups & Independents) within the AV Retail channel as well as actively and vigorously pursue net new business growth, ultimately strengthening Samsung market position. He/she is involved in the activation of category road maps to achieve the pricing, promotion, shelving, and assortment objectives.
You are a hunter; a dynamic and results-driven individual who thrives in a competitive environment. This vital role is about utilizing your professional selling skills to generate new item sell-in and throughout the product life cycle (item setup, in-store placement, sell-thru, forecasting, in-stock, pricing, etc). You will be cultivating client relationships and offer innovative solutions. On the long term, for the right person, this role offers an opportunity to develop into Key Account or Sales Management. This function reports to the Sales Manager AV.
Tasks & Responsibilities (KPIs)
- Develops and ensures alignment for annual business planning internally and with customer
- Ensures alignment internally and with customer
- Meeting and exceeding revenue, profit and margin targets
- Initiate and execute AV Account Business plans
- Tracks plan progress and conduct periodic reviews with customer
- Identifies and develops selling strategies, tactics, and solutions
- Presents plans, recommendations, and initiatives to customer
- Initiate effective marketing activities at the customer level
- 3+ years of direct selling experience
- Experience working with senior and executive level management in top tier accounts and the ability to map a customers’ business need to sales opportunities
- Proven sales track record and strong Retail expertise: background and experience within the AV category is a pre
- Successfully completed Applied Sciences education / Higher Vocational Education / Higher Education (HBO Bachelor or equivalent)
- A healthy balance between Account Management and driving new business
- High energy level combined with strong initiative skills, working both independently and as part of a team
- Customer focus: demonstrates concern for meeting and exceeding the needs of customers
- Teamwork: works collaboratively with others to achieve group goals
- Business acumen and agility: Ability to articulate the business value of Samsung and position us in competitive scenarios
- Effective engagement & communication: time management & account management
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in both Dutch and English
A competitive remuneration package is available including health insurance. Samsung is the world’s leading company in Consumer Electronics, with great ambitions for the future.