Scarabee is an international company with offices around the globe. With over 30 years’ experience, we work closely together with the world’s leading airports and airlines and business partners, developing unique, innovative and tailor-made solutions for the passenger and baggage handling and security sector.
Scarabee is an innovative company, employing highly motivated and skilled professionals who delight in developing added-value IT solutions. Together with expert partners, our software and systems ensure that airports are ready to meet tomorrow’s opportunities.
In 2019, Scarabee became part of Daifuku Co., Ltd (www.daifuku.com), the world’s leading provider of material handling systems to the factory and distribution, cleanroom, automotive, airport, and general industry markets. Scarabee’s parent company is headquartered in Osaka, Japan, with production and sales bases in 27 countries.
Purpose of the role
- To provide the leadership, strategic development and profitable growth of Scarabee and also the wider Daifuku ATec Digital business.
- To ensure the strategy is delivered through the development of a strong team that creates market leading solutions and is able to commercialise these in a professional and profitable manner to ensure the business becomes a global leader in its chosen market verticals and geographies.
- Responsibilities include ensuring a strong commercial and governance framework to ensure the objectives as agreed with the board of directors are achieved and exceeded.
- The right candidate will have a strong global ATI experience, be commercially strong and have project experience on complex integration implementations.
Main area of responsibilities
- Development of annual and mid-term strategic plans, presenting to the board for approval
- Regular monitoring and reporting of progress against the plan
- Effective communication of the plan to the board, staff and customers as appropriate to
- inspire confidence and provide a clear and credible path for where the business is going
Leadership and People Development
- Developing a strong and stable culture based on the underpinning core values
- Building a high calibre team to support and deliver the strategy
- Effective communication of the strategy to inspire the team and also to ensure the various elements are working cohesively
- Identifying and implementing training opportunities to continually lift the calibre of the team
Healt & Safety
- Developing a strong safety culture across the business
- Ensuring appropriate resources are committed to ensure a safe working environment for all
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on achieving zero injuries
- Preparation of annual budgets and obtaining approval from the board
- Reporting actual results against budget in a timely manner with a focus on over achievement
- Providing updated forecasts as required from time to time
- Managing cash and working capital requirements and ensuring appropriate banking facilities are in place to meet the requirements of the business
- Overseeing all administrative requirements of the business
- Building a strong customer base across chosen market verticals and geographies
- Building necessary support networks including agents and partners as necessary to support the strategy
- Building strong relationships and trust with industry consultants and other relevant stakeholders to ensure they support the business
- Developing and articulating a clear product roadmap and the necessary resources to deliver
- to ensure the company is a global leader in its chosen market verticals, meets customer
requirements and at the same time meets its financial objectives
- Building the necessary team to support delivery against the roadmap
- Becoming an influencer with the market verticals that the business operates and positioning the business as a global leader
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with government bodies including but not
- limited to:
- Government Innovation Funding bodies
- Ambassadors / High Commissioners / Trade Commissioners in various countries in which the business operates
- Ensuring a strong governance framework including regular reporting to the board
- Ensure that the company meets its obligations in a timely and professional manner whether this be commitments to clients, administrative, reporting, regulatory
- Establishing and maintaining an effective delegated authority policy as agreed with the board from time to time and ensuring adherence
- Ensuring timely and effective completion of annual statutory audits
- Ensuring strong and effective management of all tax obligations
- Ensuring appropriate insurance policies in place to protect the business
- Establishing appropriate risk mitigation strategies including against such matters as cyber risk
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Daifuku and its affiliates
- Actively seeking to work and collaborate with Daifuku and its affiliates to advance the interests of Daifuku as a whole
- Ensuring that reporting, internal audit and other requirements as requested by Daifuku from time to time are responded to professionally and in a timely manner
- Working closely and professionally with relevant stakeholders including Daifuku and its
- affiliates, industry bodies, partners, consultants, clients, suppliers, etc to ensure a strong level
- of trust and support
- Ensuring appropriate infrastructure in place to meet the needs of the business including IT systems and offices
- Maintaining and investing into infrastructure to support growth and enable the business to achieve its objectives
- Adhere to all company processes, policies and procedures including delegated financial
- authorities agreed with the board of directors from time to time
- Master degree (business and/or technical)
- Fluent in English
- P&L accountable
- Operator, hands-on executive position(s)
- International project business (capital goods)
- Engineering & design process (mechanical & software)
- OEM related product issues (warranties, service & maintenance, product development)
- Service & Maintenance experience (mission critical assets, 24/7 operation, global reach)
- Exposure (to dynamics of) airport industry
- Corporate as well as SME experience
- International experience
- Outgoing, approachable
- Charisma, (business) leader
- Authentic communicator at all levels (internal & external)
- Enterpreneurial spirit
- Role model attitude. Ability to lead people and play a visible leadership role in appropriate industry, community and business organizations. Establish credibility throughout the organization with both management and employees.
- Hands on mentality.
- Has highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Consideration for and understanding of the Japanese and German culture is considered an advantage.
- Understands the complexity of establishing sound relationships with relevant stakeholders in a multicultural environment.
- Ambitious and dedicated personality with a positive attitude, who operates well in a demanding environment.
CONTACTPERSOON LYNCWISE EXECUTIVE SEARCH & INTERIM