Somfy believes in smarter buildings with happier and productive occupants. They are committed to significantly improving the performance of facades by automating solar shading with intelligent controls and motors.
Somfy is the world leader in the automatic control of openings and closures in homes and buildings.
People around the world dream of enjoying safe, healthy, and eco-friendly living conditions for themselves and their loved ones.
To meet these essential requirements for improved living conditions, Somfy Group creates innovative solutions for homes and buildings in three areas:
- comfort and well-being for everyone at all ages,
- the security of people and property, and
- preservation of the environment
Somfy is innovating to create better living environments accessible to everyone. They do this through three activities:
- Home & Building: Shutters & Awnings, Interior Solutions, High-Performance Façades
- Connected Solutions: Boxes and new connectivity technologies, Security
- Access: Gates, Garage doors, Security grilles, Urban access control
Somfy is the brand of choice among European manufacturers and installers specialized in residential access. This is why it continues to innovate to offer products with even better technology and features.
The Somfy Group has a portfolio of nine complementary commercial brands, driven by the Somfy brand. Together, they cover most automation needs for openings and closures of homes and buildings around the world. They also offer the Group to service its distribution channels –manufacturers, installers, DIY superstores, e-commerce and architects.
For our End User Channel in Northern Europe we are looking for a Channel Director with a proven track-record in B2C business development and e-commerce within an international context. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing the End User Channel strategy within our Northern Europe Business Area (NEBA: UK & Ireland, BENELUX and Nordic countries).
The End User Channels within Somfy consist of 4 channels: Mass Retail (DIY, consumer electronic chains), Pure Players (E-Commerce customers), Somfy Web shops, and PoweredBlinds web shops.
You will direct a team of local Business Developers and E-Commerce Managers to implement the Channel’s strategy. Next to that, you will manage the Online Team responsible for the operational functionalities of both websites and web shops. You will report directly to the Managing Director Northern Europe who is based in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands.
For this role, we are looking for a successful Sales Director with a strong entrepreneurial mindset being able to seize opportunities! This person is passionate about e-commerce and has a talent to further develop a business.
Your responsibilities as a Channel Director End Users will include:
- Responsible for developing and initiating a vision, strategy and roadmap for the End User Channels
- Has P&L responsibilities. Delivers the budget and manages sales turnover, margins, and pricing strategy
- Makes use of business opportunities – taps into and develops new market segments and channels for Somfy products and services
- Increases the market share – growth versus market development
- Responsible for the daily management of the team – steering and coaching performance
- Ensures that processes and efficiency of the local teams are optimized
In order to be a successful Channel Director, you will ideally have the following background:
- Masters degree within a relevant area (Sales, Marketing, Business Administration)
- >10 years B2C business development and e-commerce experience within an international business context
- 5 years experience as a manager
- Has proven success in developing e-commerce businesses
- Experience within the consumer durables and/or retail industry (e.g. retail, consumer durable goods brands)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships and manage stakeholders in a diverse cross cultural environment
- Business development skills with a strong commercial drive
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fluent in English with proficient writing skills
- Willingness to travel 10-15% of the time
- Living in the Netherlands
- Competitive compensation plus year-end bonus based on performance
- Working with an international team of professionals
- A dynamic and innovative culture
Hoofddorp, the Netherlands