Director Customer Supply Chain Upgrade, Install and Relocations
ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Worldwide over 19.000 people work at ASML, with important settlings in the United States, Asia and the head office in Veldhoven. The employees of ASML share the passion for technology with a customer focus. At ASML one works ongoing for the further development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems. Working at ASML is therefore challenging and extremely dynamic. To remain successful the company has ambitious objectives and high standard requirements. ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips.
They design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Customer Supply Chain Management (CSCM)
Supply Chain Management is an industry-leading organization responsible for ensuring material availability to ASML and customers. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering, virtual integration with key business partners plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions. SCM manages the critical path up to four years ahead while customer requirements and system bill of materials can change at any time. With our market, we have a substantial responsibility to our customers. Any break in material availability would have an unacceptable impact on our customers. So, with over 700 highly educated and motivated people, SCM must proactively identify and solve potential issues by working closely together with our technical departments, our customers, our suppliers and their suppliers.
Purpose of the job
The Director Customer Supply Chain Upgrade-Install and Relocations leads the Customer Supply Chain Upgrade, Install and Relocations department.
He/she is responsible for preparing and managing the field factory activities for ASML business in close cooperation with (Sr) Directors/VPs. The scope of responsibilities include the design of the supply chain field factory network for material deliveries and team capabilities, to enable very complex system upgrades, install and relocations to our customers, and to de-risk the ASML customer commitments. On top of this, he/she is responsible for in-fab supply chain, which is building a new organization that extends the scope of SCM to include material management inside the customer fab.
As part of the staff of Customer Supply Chain Management, he/she contributes to the strategy of this sector in line with ASML’s long term field factory requirements. He/she is responsible for one Global Customer Account to represent SCM in the account team and is the main customer interface.
The Director Customer Supply Chain Upgrades, Installs and Relocations has 5 direct reports in 3 continents and has 70 indirect reports.
Key areas of responsibility
- Prepare and manage the supply chain field factory for system installs (~200 systems/yr); complex system upgrades (~>300/yr); system relocations (120 systems/yr);. Manage SCM Field Factory OPEX (~100M in 2018), Capex (~25M in 2018) and SCM Field Factory inventory (~50M in 2018). Enable the subsector to deliver the committed set of key performance indicators. Review progress with all main stakeholders/ customers
- Main internal interfaces: (Sr) Directors/VPs in Operations (SCM and Customer Support), Business Lines, Quality and local Sales
- Main external interfaces: frequent customer contact with executives (VP level) on operational/strategic topics (install progress, quality, in-fab supply chain, continuous improvement, etc.)
- Contribute to the strategy and long term business plan of the sector Customer Supply Chain Management to enable ASML’s business growth for 2020 and onwards. Manage the growth in field factory inventory (~350M in 2020), capex (~30M in 2020), and field factory opex (>150M in 2020). Leading a group of ~120 highly qualified supply chain professionals (typical MSc education)
- Responsible for in-fab-supply chain capability, which comprises a new SCM capability to manage material flows within the customer cleanrooms. Current scope focuses on EUV sites, but will be further extended into 2020 with a growing organization of over 200 FTE (ASML and 3PL headcount) that manages in-fab-supply chain in over 15 main customer locations
- Responsible for strategy, design, and transformation of the Customer Supply Chain Upgrade Install and Relocations organization to enable 2020 business objectives as part of ASML’s supply chain management strategy
- Ensuring that Customer Supply Chain Management delivers the Field Material Availability Key Performance indicators
- Lead Global SCM improvement projects (a.o., cost of goods and OPEX saving initiatives)
Key Issues facing your job
- Develop the organisation’s staff for 2x the 2017 scope for their role in the tactical & strategic decision making in Customer service strategy
- In-fab supply chain strategy, embedding in customer fabs, organization building, cost control
- Ensuring highly flexible and reliable material availability operations for EUV move towards HVM (High Volume Manufacturing)
- SCM OPEX control (a.o., 50% reduction for EUV installs)
- Ensuring quality of field upgrade materials by cross-sector supplier-factory-field issue resolution
- Reducing cost of goods by re-using packaging materials (>30 ME/yr annual savings)
- Building a volume field factory operation
- Ensuring quality and safety standard
- Manage sequence base material supply to optimize cycle time, performance, cost and quality
- Driving customer escalation into ASML organization
- Participate in delivery management teams for upgrades and new system delivery
- Participate in the Global Customer Accounts team (Chair VP Customer Account, Sr Director BL Marketing, Sr Director Customer Support HVM and NPI)
- Managing Margin contribution, Field Factory budget versus customer expectations
- Ensure right balance of OPEX, CAPEX and Inventory versus material availability during events
- Customer critical escalation, allocation of critical materials
Education and experience
- Master/Ph.D. degree (preferably with MBA)
- At least 10 years relevant international management experience in a large international company (industry or consultancy) in the field of Supply Chain Management, Operations and/or Procurement
- Experienced in business complexities, supply chain, operational excellence/LEAN and quality management
- Experienced in strategic change management and Continuous Improvement programs
- Affinity with high tech industry
- A strategic thinker with business sense. Combines strong analytics with a pragmatic attitude
- Strong people management skills: leading, coaching and developing different (cross-sectoral) teams
- Cultural awareness, managing different/international stakeholders
- Excellent communication and influencing skills. Comfort with ‘challenger’ role within the organization
- Strong decision-making skills. High degree of autonomy, self-starting and proactive
- Project- and program management skills
- Result-driven and well organized
- Drive and sense of urgency
- Fluent in English
Position is based in Veldhoven, Netherlands Travelling 30 – 50%