Global Communications Manager
Veramaris is a globally oriented scale-up organisation that leads the ongoing revolution in new, sustainable feed ingredients for aquaculture and pet foods. Salmon, cats and dogs can now grow up on EPA & DHA Omega-3 from natural marine algae, saving wild-caught fish in the feed. Veramaris supports the continued sustainable growth of aquaculture and pet foods. With their unique go-to-market approach, Veramaris collaborates with the entire value chain to create consumer demand for seafood and pet foods with algae. In turn, Veramaris’ customers experience to be both creating and capturing value. The Veramaris mission, Healthy Fish, Healthy Food, Healthy Oceans, represents the three ways in which the company contributes to a sustainable future. Veramaris was founded 2018 as a joint venture between DSM and Evonik, two science-based leaders in Nutrition and Health.
With strong early success and rapid growth Veramaris currently expands the team with a Global Communications Manager, to join a small and dynamic team with an incredible pool of diverse and globally oriented talent. It includes people located in eight countries across four continents. The main language is English. It’s of crucial importance that the new Global Communications Managers not only is 100% fluent or native in English, but also has a special gift for writing and communicating. The Veramaris culture is nimble, flexible and open, operating in a highly competitive and fast-paced market. To succeed, they must go beyond the others in the industry and dare to be different, while always striving to become ever more relevant. It requires translation of Veramaris features and benefits into real value, by crisply communicating, and then excellently executing, to ensure this value is also experienced by the customers. If you are a person recognising yourself in the Veramaris culture, then you are perhaps their new Global Communications Manager!
The Global Communications Manager…
- Creates a strong and consistent external voice for Veramaris, continuously building the brand awareness and the position in the industry
- Specifically understands the needs and salient insights about each specific target group and shapes or tailors the messages to cater to their specific needs
- Responsible for planning, creating and implementing marketing and communication activities across all channels, as well as assuming full accountability for events such as trade shows, workshops, exhibitions, and conferences
- Provides critical support for Business Development and Sales and gets things done through others with good motivation and collaboration skills
- Works closely with the leadership team and supporting them with value chain projects, in developing media kits and running earned communications in trade, national and global press
- Develops and implements marketing and communication plans for the Veramaris (company) and for Aqua and Pet Foods (segments), including objectives, strategies, and tactics designed to maximise the impact
- Develops and manages internal and external communications and measurement
- Leads specific, strategic cross-functional or cross-company projects related to marketing, communications, skills & capability development, and supports in other key brands- and marketing projects. Works closely together with international Veramaris, DSM and Evonik colleagues (Marketing & Sales, Legal, R&D, Regulatory, Sustainability, etc.)
- Accountable for maintaining and evolving the website as well as social media, creating and running of video content
- Searches for creative inspiration, acts as creative director for digital content/steer digital development, as well as national and global press media. Stays on top of digital marketing tools and tactics, to increase the reach of external content
- Builds relationships with journalists, editors in trade, national and global media. Develops relationships with all external agencies relevant to communication, including key persons within the value chain (retailers, NGOs, feed mills, fish farmers, etc.)
- Develops the event strategy and executes event planning and management. Accountable for events, incl. logistics support, scheduling, vendor management, AV services, catering, editing, organizing, and creating content and messaging related to events, handles invoicing and purchases for events
- Monitors, reports, and responds to competitor activities
The ideal candidate is an experienced Communications Manager with a minimum of 5 years working experience of increasing commercial responsibilities in NGOs, Nutrition/Health, Retail, CPG or FMCG. He or she has a strong conviction about making a positive difference in the world, by bringing people together and by forging strong and compelling stories.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Business Administration
- Experience from one of the preferred industries: ingredients, foods, retail, aquaculture, or an NGO
- Experience in the development and implementation of successful brand marketing
- Experience in leading international cross-functional and cross-cultural (project) teams, including sales, regulatory, science, technical, legal and market research in a very collaborative environment
- Consumer marketing experience would be a plus
- Native English. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- A strong desire to help create a more sustainable world
- Able to communicate on all levels and cultures
- High level of marketing, conceptual and analytical skills
- Ability to lead people, and run cross-functional project teams
- A can-do/just do mentality, thinking in opportunities
- An entrepreneurial, curious and outside-in mindset
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly and internationally, as much as 25%
- While you have a strong character, you’re also flexible, creative, quick learner, trustworthy, focused
Excellent package and benefits, international working environment, entrepreneurial setting, social awareness. The reach and clout of the large mother companies, combined with the agility of a start-up.
Procedure and contact
Lyncwise Executive Search & Interim in Hilversum has been given the exclusive assignment to fill this vacant position. After an interview with Susan Abbink from Lyncwise, it is decided which candidates to nominate. Veramaris decides which candidates are going to be invited for a first interview. An assessment and reference checks can be part of the procedure.