Group Finance Manager
Roll Group takes care of heavy cargo transport and lifting both on land and at sea. The exceptional combination of transportation and installation capabilities enables Roll Group to offer complete Factory to Foundation solutions. Combined with engineering expertise and unique know-how, this makes Roll Group the preferred heavy cargo partner offering effective, innovative and sustainable services.
Roll Group has two business lines, RollDock and Roll-Lift, operating under one name.
RollDock owns and operates an innovative fleet of highly adaptable heavy transport vessels. With over ten years of experience and specially designed vessels, Roll Dock ensures the safe transportation of heavy cargo across the world’s oceans.
Roll-Lift operates a large heavy cargo transport and lifts fleet of specialized cranes and state-of-the-art equipment. It provides a total solution to heavy transportation, lifting and onsite installation requirements.
Both RollDock and Roll-Lift operate globally, with focus on Middle East, Americas and Asia. Roll Group was founded in 2006 and has over 350 employees worldwide with revenues of € 115 million. The head office is located in Capelle aan de IJssel, The Netherlands.
The company has an entrepreneurial and proud spirit, where operational excellence, safety and cooperation are key. The slogan “Together we know” is founded by its core values: “Together”, “Reliable”, “Can do” and “Safety”.
For further reference, please see: https://www.roll-group.com
In order to handle the future growth and increasing organizational complexity, Roll Group is aiming at further professionalization and optimization of the entire organization, finance included. Therefore, it has been decided to strengthen the F&A department with a new position of Group Finance Manager.
The overall purpose of the F&A department
The objective of the Finance and Administration department is to ensure all financial aspects of the companies’ current and future operations are planned, executed, controlled and reported accurately, efficiently and in accordance with an internal group and external local accounting standards and regulations. Furthermore, the F&A department should also act as a business partner for the management and functional departments by creating financial business plans and budgets/ forecasts and measuring financial performance against these.
The Group Finance Manager manages the Group Finance Control & Services department (5 persons and 1 external fiscal part-time advisor) and reports directly to the CFO. The department manages the Group consolidated accounting, treasury and fiscal affairs. In addition, it covers the F&A department for Roll Dock, Roll-Lift Equipment and Holding, while it provides shared center services to Roll-Group APAC and MEA. The role works actively together with the Group Legal department and the Finance Directors of APAC/ MEA and Americas to enable strong corporate governance and finance & administration environment. Additionally, the Group Finance Manager will work jointly with the Group Business Controller to ensure high-quality management reports and insight into the companies’ financial performance.
- Around 40 legal entities (number of entities driven by regional and asset scope)
- Roll-Dock: worldwide activities, legal entities mainly positioned in NL
- Roll-Lift: North America, APAC (ID, TH, MY, SGP, AU), MEA (UAE, QA), various countries active via agents or temporary projects
- Sub-functional areas: Group Consolidated Accounting, Group Treasury, Group Tax, F&A departments for Roll-Dock, Roll-Lift Equipment and Holding
- Finance Systems: same worldwide, Twinfield (accounting and consolidation), Pro-Actis (P2P), Declaree (credit card expense claims)
Key responsibilities and main activities
Functional specific activities
- Finance accounting: ensure correct accounting of financial transactions in line with local GAAP and Group standards
- Management accounting: ensure on-time and accurate consolidated reporting and forecasting in line with Group standards
- Financing: arrange and/ or support CFO to arrange external financing for vessels and equipment
- Treasury: management of cash flow
- Tax: ensure tax compliance and reporting in line with local legal and Group standards; monitor changes in tax legislation
- Purchase to Pay: Compliance with group policy and procedures
- Billing: creation and delivery of invoices for the company’s services in line with local legal and Group standards
- Credit control
For all of the above, the Group Finance Manager is responsible to
- Set group standards, policies, procedures and ensure compliance by the distribution of manuals, training and definition of processes and business requirements for supporting systems.
- Coordinate monthly closing and reporting process
- Support Group Business Controller for reporting for the quarterly forecasting process
- Review and control compliance to standards
- Execute for Roll-Dock/ Roll-Lift Equipment and review/ consolidate for Roll-Lift
- Provide accounting services for APAC and MEA
- Ensure all staff are equipped, trained, qualified, motivated, developed and empowered to provide high-quality services and effective support
- Develop a succession plan for key finance roles and participate in the development of potential successors
- Ensure consistently high standards of staff performance, good results and continuous improvement
Experience and Knowledge
- Master degree in Accounting or Economy. Preferably professional accounting qualification (“Register Accountant” or ACCA).
- Minimum of 8 years working experience, including 4 years within Group Finance Control. Experience with setting up worldwide policies, procedures and systems
- Experience in a multi-national company and in working with different cultures and countries.
- Preferably experience in international heavy cargo sea/ land transportation and lifting company
- Experience with acting as a business partner to functional management in improving the financial performance and the efficiency of processes and use of resources
- Experience with effective people management practices including leadership development, succession planning and training and coaching
- Fluency in written and oral English
Necessary technical/ functional skills
- Knowledge and experience in the field of accounting, financial analysis and forecasting, treasury, financing, liquidity planning, working capital management and taxes. Experience and savviness with different accounting systems
- Excellent level of attention to detail
Competencies / personality
- Natural Leadership: Strong entrepreneurial leader with a natural authority and a “can-do attitude”, has a pro-active and creative approach, is a self-starter, takes initiative, possesses persuasiveness, and can motivate his team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, applicable for multi-cultural settings and communication with executive, managerial and staff level. Way of communication: Open and transparent, able to challenge colleagues positively, a down to earth person who can bring a consistent and concise message
- Cultural values: High cultural awareness for creating results and feeling for a team in an international setting that fits the company values. Has ethics high on the agenda
- Team player/independent: Gets respect based on his/her know-how and personality. Team player who is not afraid to confront and take an independent position
- Realist/hands-on: Aware of own limitations, has a good sense of humor with a stable and reliable personality. Willing to crunch excel sheets by herself/ himself.
CONTACTPERSOON LYNCWISE EXECUTIVE SEARCH & INTERIM