Key/Senior Account Manager
Mitsui Rail Capital Europe B.V. (“MRCE”) was established in 2004 in response to the growing market for railway leasing equipment due to the deregulation of the railway system in Europe. The business domain of the company is leasing locomotives to private and public rail operators under full-service leasing arrangements (including maintenance). MRCE’s annual turnover exceeds € 130 million and the total asset value is currently around € 800 million. MRCE has approx. 120 employees located in Amsterdam, Munich, and Milan. Using the fleet management know-how, the full-service locomotive leasing expertise, and the advanced digital platform, MRCE plans to further strengthen its business.
Since its establishment in 1947, MRCE’s parent company Mitsui & Co Ltd (headquartered in Tokyo) developed into a worldwide concern. Due to a unique insight into economic affairs, financial know-how, and a clear-cut philosophy, it has played a major role in Japanese industrial development by importing raw materials and exporting produced goods. Mitsui benefits from an expanding global network to access strategic information and harness business engineering capabilities. Utilizing its global operating locations, network and information resources, Mitsui is multilaterally pursuing business that ranges from product sales, worldwide logistics and financing, through to the development of major international infrastructure and other projects. With more than 41.000 employees and an extensive global network with offices in 66 countries and over 490 affiliated subsidiaries and associated companies, Mitsui & Co is one of the largest general trading companies worldwide.
The Account Manager is a (senior) sales executive who:
- Is responsible for renting out locomotives to customers.
- Grows the overall client portfolio, both in number of clients and turnover per account.
- Maintains and expands relationships with strategically important customers, and develops relationships with new customers.
- Supports to observe and achieve the company’s commercial strategy and goals.
- Sell, negotiate, agree, and execute leases of locomotives.
- Service and manage existing customers, building a sound relationship by showing a dedicated customer and market-oriented attitude.
- Partner-up with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Be a strong sales leader, who develops strong, long-lasting relationships with (potential new) customers.
- Provide management with regular feedback on developments in the market and with customers.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in workshops, conferences, customer meetings, industry events etc., as well as by reading professional publications.
- Closely work together with the technical and fleet management teams in order to assure that all available MRCE’s locomotives are leased out and the fleet’s net utilization is maximized.
- Willing to build thorough technical knowhow regarding locomotive and their usage.
- Develop a deep knowledge of operating leases, including VAT, tax. legal and accounting issues related to locomotive leasing and operations.
- Coordinate, process, and monitor the internal approval process for relevant lease transactions.
- 5 – 10 years of relevant commercial working experience, preferably in the rail, logistic, and/ or leasing industry.
- Excellent commercial and organizing skills, drive to make a difference, self-starting, innovative and result oriented.
- Strong teamwork skills, able to build trust and confidence with customers, co-workers, and suppliers.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills. Target focused
- A pragmatic team player who can also act autonomically.
- Hands-on mentality, innovative, ambitious, positive attitude, and capable to motivate people.
- Willing to regularly travel abroad.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Relevant Master or Bachelor degree in business, finance, or related field.
- Fluent German-speaking (C1 level) with good communication skills in English (both written and verbal). Another European language is considered an advantage.
- A competitive package (including bonus structure and reallocation compensation) will be offered in order to attract the most suitable candidates in the market.
- Dynamic environment with an entrepreneurial flair.
- Working in a growing company with a solid and strong mother company.
- International growth perspective.
- Amsterdam, regular international travel is required.