Scarabee is an international company with offices around the globe. With over 30 years’ experience, we work closely together with the world’s leading airports and airlines and business partners, developing unique, innovative and tailor-made solutions for the passenger and baggage handling and security sector.
Scarabee is an innovative company, employing highly motivated and skilled professionals who delight in developing added-value IT solutions. Together with expert partners, our software and systems ensure that airports are ready to meet tomorrow’s opportunities.
In 2019, Scarabee became part of Daifuku Co., Ltd (www.daifuku.com), the world’s leading provider of material handling systems to the factory and distribution, cleanroom, automotive, airport, and general industry markets. Scarabee’s parent company is headquartered in Osaka, Japan, with production and sales bases in 27 countries.
Purpose of the role
- To oversee all Scarabee Aviation Group (SAG) projects worldwide. To lead all project managers and project management team members.
- To deliver quality and timely realization within the budget of all SAG projects. Projects will be time/mission-critical and can be erratic at times, requiring both tenacity and agility to deliver on plan and budget.
- To monitor progress and strive for operational excellence. To critically review all projects on which Scarabee will tender.
- To develop, share and realize a clear vision on process optimization of the operational organization that is recognized and supported by the project management team
- From a strong project experience, to develop and apply structured project management methods focused on the overall improvement of the effectiveness and productivity of project management processes and people. Initiate and realize structural process improvement. Analyze strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats regarding project management in order to optimize work processes and exceed plan.
- Agile people manager who inspires motivates and encourages people
- Strong communicator at all levels (internal & external)
- Hands-on attitude
- Driven, proactive, pragmatic
- Good sense of humor
- Master’s Degree in Economics or Technical Sciences or equivalent
- International experience
- Dutch native speaker, fluent in English
- Expert risk mitigating and problem-solving skills
- 10+ years of relevant experience as a project manager
- 5+ years of experience as a senior project manager and project management lead, managing a team in driving international, mission-critical projects
- Active in SME in project-based processes delivering capital goods
- Extensive training and proven track record in project management methods such as PRINCE2, IPMA, and PMBoK
- Track record in elevating project management team and practices in a complex and demanding business environment
- Experience with engineering & design process (mechanical & software)
- OEM related product issues (warranties, service & maintenance, product development)
- Exposure to the airport industry or a similar dynamic industrial setting