A fast-growing, international non-food discounter with a simple and successful business model operating in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria and Poland. Action leads on price and differentiates on surprise. They are well known for their affordable everyday products. 6,000 different items are offered in their stores, with more than 150 new products every week. A-brands and private label products are sold. Products that make life easier, better and more fun. Good quality products that add value to your life. Because despite the low prices, there are no concessions made to the quality of the products. Quality, sustainability and transparency are important for Action!
Ever since the opening of the first store, Action always had one ambition: surprising its customers with a broad, ever-changing assortment for the lowest prices possible. Since 1993, this is the promise to their customers and this is what drives and trills them: “Small prices, big smiles.”
The PMO is part of the SC Support department within the Supply Chain function and reports directly to the Manager SC Support. In this capacity you have a pivotal role in the transformation of the Supply Chain organization from the “now” to the “new”.
This means a transformation of the way Action works and operates, strongly linked to their way of working and operating, linked to the processes & systems. In this respect, several complex programs have been identified in which the PMO needs to ensure that all are running in line with the agreed timelines and budget and that the key stakeholders are kept up to date via pro-active reports.
As PMO, you are responsible for process management, stakeholder management and the communication between all related parties. It is your responsibility that all involved Program Managers, and Project Managers follow the same reporting structure, are kept aware of their interdependencies, meet at regular intervals and execute within agreed budget and timelines. You will execute all day-to-day Project Management Office tasks, and you will be managing Risk Management, Reporting, Stakeholder Management and Communication.
As PMO you play a pivotal role in supporting the Manager SC Support and the Director SC in properly updating (Executive) Board members and relevant senior management. This means having a seat at the table to join the discussion and support with proper facts and information.
Support the day to day business teams as PMO
- Controlling delivery of the overall project, within budget and agreed specifications, monitoring the agreed time schedule and accountable for excellent quality of overall project management;
- Present and discuss results with senior management to align on overarching issues when required;
- Manage high level and detailed project schedules for workstreams including overall key milestone planning and tracking of multiple disciplines;
- Organize lessons learned sessions and follow up;
- Maintain RACI’s, distribution lists, document storage and other project coordination requirement;
- Responsible for the establishment and management of a project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation and reporting which is agile, fits the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the quality of decision making and timely project delivery;
- Contributes to the flow of communication within the team, by actively participating in team meetings
Reporting/ KPI Management
- Design, create and communicate all management information reports for strategy Execution and deploy accordingly;
- Prepare presentations in which the required information is consolidated for EB and SCT meetings;
- Monthly tracking and reporting of project budget & statuses, based on the input from multiple disciplines and project teams
- Develop positive relationships with Project Sponsors and teams to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects
- Support Director SC, Manager SC Transformation and/or Program manager by managing resource allocation, including adjustments based on emerging business or technical opportunities and challenges
- Understand the deliverables of internal and external PMO
Requirements – hard skills
- University work and thinking level in combination with a minimally completed Bachelor
- Minimum of 3 years of working in an international organization
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, other languages are a plus
Requirements – soft skills
- Change agent
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to effectively convey ideas in diverse situations, tailor communication to the audience, and build consensus through fact based discussions
- Experience in planning and coordinating, ability to efficiently delegate tasks and deploy all available skill sets for the united vision
- Able to think and act outside of own discipline/department
- Project & Process Management skills
- Structured and well organized
CONTACTPERSOON LYNCWISE EXECUTIVE SEARCH & INTERIM