Project Manager & Business Consultant
WCC develops and sells software solutions for search and matching purposes. The company focuses primarily on two markets: the Employment market and the ID/Security market. In the ID/security market, WCC supplies software to police forces, border control services, and refugee organizations such as UNHCR. WCC is a market leader in the field of Public Employment Services (for example, for public organizations like the UWV) and an important supplier to temporary employment agencies. They enable Public and Private Employment Services to quickly and expertly match people with suitable and sustainable jobs. WCC designed world-leading solutions for the Public Employment sector. Their smart matching technology empowers Public Employment Services to actively influence labor markets, reduce unemployment figures, and also improve a nation’s employment potential.
WCC is a very international organization with clients from Malaysia to Costa Rica and with more than 20 nationalities working for them. The company has approximately 80 employees and is growing strongly. WCC is a financially strong and fast-growing scale-up with a unique software product. With a purpose: to make the world in which we live more relevant, safer, and healthier. Private equity party Avedon has stepped in to accelerate the international growth of the Dutch scale-up.
For their Employment sector, WCC is looking for a Project Manager & Business Consultant to manage challenging and complex software implementation projects.
As a Project Manager and Business Consultant for the Employment sector, you are responsible to successfully deliver high-quality solutions to customers globally. As the first point of contact for these customers, it’s essential to have great communication skills; at the same time manage internal and external resources to deliver the best solution that fits customer’s requirements within the given budget. You will be a sparring partner for customers globally and can advise them on proper solutions for their needs. You will be leading and guiding teams with IT professionals and subject matter experts, both in the Netherlands and internationally.
You should quickly be able to gain a basic understanding of how to successfully execute technical roll-out of their solution and software and a basic understanding of administration toolings like MS Project and SharePoint. You have expertise in the domain of Public Employment, HR, and Staffing, or can gain this knowledge quickly. Also, you have experience with complex and politically important government projects.
As WCC is a learning organization, close involvement with your (Pre-)Sales and Product Management colleagues will ensure good handover and continuous improvement of their processes to better serve the customers. You can translate high-level requirements and general ideas into a project plan and ensure internal and external stakeholders are aligned before, during, and after the delivery of the project.
You know how to effectively manage and support their client delivery teams, that consist of experienced and professional functional and technical experts.
- Translating customer needs into solutions, understanding their business processes
- Understanding labor market developments and local legislation and being able to translate this into concrete project goals and actions
- Being able to communicate from the operational level to C-level and able to lead teams to achieve project and company goals
- Manage fixed price projects to successful deliveries: Establish a project plan, define clear objectives, keep project team active and engaged, manage change requests and keep a clean project administration and financial oversight
- Manage stakeholder expectations and interests
- Manage, coach, and energize the project team, which strives to deliver objectives in time
- Coach junior Project Managers
- Build teams and optimize processes
- Drive organization-wide continuous improvements
- Align resources and priorities by working closely with internal teams, like (Pre-) Sales, Product Management, Business & Technical Consultants, Software Development and the Support team
- Embedding delivered projects in the organization, ensuring proper aftercare and support
- Proactively identify and resolve risks and escalations
- Liaison between the customer, third parties, and internal teams
- Measurable client satisfaction
- Regular international traveling
Are you interested in managing challenging and complex software implementation projects? Do you know how to manage both internal and external parties to achieve successful product deliveries? Is project delivery more to you than administering the process, but about delivering customer satisfaction? Do you have leadership qualities and like taking ownership and initiative? Are you able to switch between daily operations and management conversations? Technology does not scare you?
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor or higher degree, preferably in IT direction
- Project management certification, e.g. PMP, IPMA, Prince2, or similar
- Experience with Agile and Lean Management is a plus
- At least 5-7 years of experience in IT project management, preferably in (fixed price) software implementation or product delivery
- Knowledge of the labor market, recruitment, and HR processes
- Excellent communication skills; full mastering of English language
- Spanish or German-speaking would be a plus
- Sparring partner for C-level management
- Able to navigate in governmental environments
- Able to lead teams of subject matter experts
- Able to connect with people and getting things done
- True self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset, solution-oriented, and target driven. Able to independently identify issues and push for continuous improvements within the company
- Team player
WCC offers a rewarding career opportunity working in a close-knit team of experts who thrive on customer satisfaction and innovation. You will be joining WCC at a crucial moment in their worldwide expansion plans. It will be your creative flair and focus that will drive the delivery of their dynamic projects. Everyone is approachable and excited to pitch in and help. They are easy to get along with, always willing to lend a hand, excited about coming to work, and happy to contribute to the team.
Lyncwise Executive Search & Interim in Hilversum has been given the exclusive assignment to fill this vacant position. After an interview with Charlotte Schepers and/or Wendy Witteveen from Lyncwise, it is decided which candidates to nominate. WCC decides which candidates are going to be invited for a first interview. An assessment and reference check can be part of the procedure.