Regional Sales Manager
Thai Union Group is a Thailand-based and predominantly family-owned and listed global seafood leader with ambitious growth goals and a dedication to sustainability and innovation. Thai Union has an OEM international/private label business and a global portfolio of consumer-favorite brands. The portfolio of brands includes convenient consumer favorites that have brought nutritious and tasty seafood to tables around the world for over 40 years. Products are sold across three channels: private label/original equipment manufacturer (OEM), branded retail, and food services.
Founded in 1977, Thai Union operates worldwide with plant facilities in France, Ghana, Poland, Portugal, Papua New Guinea, Norway, Seychelles, Scotland, Vietnam, Thailand, and the United States. Its business includes tuna, shrimp, sardines/mackerel, salmon, (Asean) meal components and pet food. Also, new vegetarian fish products are being developed to respond to global sustainability trends.
Thai Union Group achieved a turnover of € 4.1 billion in 2018 and employs approximately 50,000 people worldwide.
For more information, please visit https://www.thaiunion.com/en.
Thai Union company values
As a family-owned business, Thai Union has strong company values. People at Thai Union are a team of passionate, humble and respectful individuals driven by a responsible, collaborative and innovative approach to their work.
Thai Union harnesses and continuously expands its employees’ wide range of unique talents, interests, and expertise – which convene around the shared vision, mission and values – to help become the world’s most trusted seafood leader.
Thai Union Trading Europe B.V.
Thai Union Trading Europe B.V. (“TUTE”) in Utrecht, The Netherlands is a subsidiary of Thai Union Group and focuses on developing and expanding its private-label business in Europe. Thai Union Trading Europe B.V. has a turnover in the private label of approximately € 125 million.
Especially Germany and Eastern Europe are interesting growth markets. The initial focus will be on the development of its largest client Lidl. Therefore, TUTE is looking for an ambitious Regional Sales Manager, who is also responsible for the Northern European market through an Account Manager Northern Europe.
The Regional Sales Manager is a key position for the expansion and further development of the above-mentioned region. He or she is will be responsible for developing and expanding the relationship with Lidl, the largest private label client in this region. Furthermore, exploring and developing new businesses in new countries and aligning the internal processes between the different business units.
This is a crucial role for Thai Union Trading Europe and gives room for an entrepreneurial internationally oriented Regional Sales Manager.
Development and leadership
- Development and leadership of the TUTE business in the Eastern Europe Region (Germany, Poland & Ukraine), designing & implementing an ambitious 3-year strategic plan that delivers against the business expectations
- Developing and implementing a “One Face to The Customer”-model for the largest client Lidl, considering the Lidl organization and contact persons in various countries and integrating the Thai Union Europe organization in this model
- By the end of year 3 deliver a sustainable way of working in Regional Set up internally, build business relationships in designated countries and create a pipeline for future development
- Delivery of the P&L growth expectations both short-term (budget) & long-term (Strategic Plan)
- Challenge, support direct/indirect reports to deliver against TUTE Strategic Plan both in the short-term (1yr), but also planning for the long-term (3yrs) supporting the business on its journey to be the trusted Asia Based Private Label supplier
- Put in place motivational development plans for the direct report(s) focusing on making them ‘best-in-class” at their current level but also identifying and nurturing talent to create ‘captains’ of the future
- Elevate the profile of the TUTE Business within TU Europe/TU Group
The Regional Sales Manager leads his/her team and reports to the General Manager of Thai Union Trading Europe.
Education and experience
- Bachelor/Master level
- Having Private Label experience is a must, but ideally, some Brand experience is welcome, so one can demonstrate the collaboration with Marketing to deliver integrated brand, category and customer strategies
- Minimum of 10 years of FMCG senior sales experience. Having worked successfully in a Customer Intimacy Model and can easily shift between various customer seniority levels
- Relevant experience in Germany and the Eastern European region
- +5 years at managing people or teams
- Experience of operating across several categories; think beyond own products
- International experience
Competencies and skills
- A strong negotiator who can demonstrate experience of maintaining focus, control, and delivery of a balanced scorecard of success
- Can demonstrate a personal level of passion, pride, determination and resilience to succeed in the most demanding, volatile and pressurized of customer, category and commercial environments.
- Someone who actively embraces a dynamic, changing and ambiguous environment and aspires to personally contribute to and benefit from that changing environment
- A very strong team player who is comfortable and used to both high levels of individual accountability and collective team/cross-functional responsibility for achieving sustainable business-wide success
- Experience and demonstrable ability to manage a team (direct reports) and inspire, engage and deliver results through direct reports
- Relevant experience in German and/or Eastern European markets
- Passion, Determination, Tenacity, Resilience, Emotional Intelligence
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Inspirational & visionary thinking/ambition
- Multilingual at least including English and preferably German next to mother tongue
- Experience of the Ambient, Chilled and Frozen category
- International mobility
Location & travel
Headquarters Thai Union Trading Europe B.V., Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Some international travel is expected (approximately 15% max)
Competitive base salary including holiday allowance, depending on work experience
Bonus: 10% maximum
Excellent secondary benefits:
- pension plan
- healthcare insurance
- lease car
- 27 vacation days