(Reliability Solutions – Start-up)
Reliability Solutions provides AI-based Predictive and Prescriptive analytics solutions for Industrial Operational Excellence. By introducing Machine Learning and advanced statistics in the industry, they help to predict the machinery behavior, avoid dangerous accidents and optimize the operation of complex installations that brings significant financial benefits for our clients. They already exist in Poland and want to start a new company in the Netherlands (Rotterdam). They already have funding for the coming 7 years (ICOS capital).
This rapidly growing company is seeking to hire a Senior Director who will be responsible for supervising and organizing the new sales team. He/she will be in charge of managing organizational sales by developing business plans, meeting planned goals, and coordinating with the marketing department on lead generation. The Sales Director will also be tasked with overseeing the activities and performance of your sales team by tracking sales goals, setting individual sales targets, and facilitate the ongoing training of your salespeople.
The goal of the Sales Director is to support the rapidly growing predictive technology user community and help drive customer success. In this exciting role, you will become an expert explaining artificial intelligence predictive/prescriptive technology advantages, how predictive solution using artificial intelligence works and how it can be used to solve the customer’s problems; all with a good dose of getting customers excited about using this new approach for fast & scalable business expansion. The Sales Director should act and think as a leader aligning the sales department’s values with the company’s strategy while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment towards the mission.
- Managing organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue and expense controls.
- Setting individual sales targets with the sales team and meeting planned sales goals.
- Tracking sales goals and reporting results as necessary.
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team.
- Coordinating with marketing on lead generation.
- The ongoing training of your salespeople.
- Developing the sales team through motivation, counseling and product knowledge.
- Promoting the organization and products.
- Understand the ideal customers and how they relate to our products.
- Contacts potential important customers and selling the company’s solutions
- Researching the target markets and finding companies to target
- Shows customers how to solve their problems and meet their requirements with Predictive Maintenance approach and get them excited
- Building a sales pipeline to ensure a constant stream of sales
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the MT
- Progressing towards activity targets and KPI’s set by management
- Entering all required data for sales onto the company system.
- Updating the CRM and inputting information on customers.
- Following up with past customers and cross-selling products.
- Following up on leads generated by other departments.
- Investigating and resolving queries from customers
- Developing and delivering exceptional sales/business presentations and demonstrations
- Work with all customer’s business levels from top managers to lower-level managers and technicians and explain predictive/prescriptive technology and its uses
- Work with Product Management, Engineering and R&D to provide feedback from the field and represent the customer perspective
- Identifies the need and initiates the creation of sales/business publications together with the marketing team
- Participation in conferences/seminars to present actively solutions offered by the company and generate leads/prospects
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- Solutions selling to corporates
- Building partnerships
- Industrial IT solutions for manufacturing sector e.g.; energy, chemical, oil&gas, the food sector
- Big data / artificial intelligence
- 7+ years’ experience in B2B sales of advanced industrial automation/IT solutions, reliability consulting, asset management systems/solutions, advanced optimization solutions, data-driven solutions and solutions based on data preprocessing
- experience in sales of predictive and/or prescriptive analytics or other high-performance data-driven systems based on artificial intelligence
- experience in pricing models
- experience in working with Pre-Sales / Sales groups to facilitate the creation and submission of proposals / RFIs / RFPs
- expertise in bid management – excellent in collaborating across functions and driving multiple groups to a common objective/deliverable
- experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategy
- technical sales skills
- proven experience in customer relationship management
- knowledge of market research
- experience in managing and directing a sales team
- proven relevant product and industry knowledge
- solid understanding of digital sales platforms
- experience with relevant software applications
- experience in dealing with sales issues understanding of the Netherlands and surrounding countries.
- existing network in target markets
- experience in acquiring and negotiating industrial IT projects worth over USD 1M
- identify and develop new market opportunities for the company’s product portfolio.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- organization and planning
- problem analysis and problem-solving
- information management
- formal presentation skills
- stress tolerance
Short term success factors
- Ensure completion of Reliability Solutions product line and sector / market-specific solutions
- Set a realistic mid-term business plan
- Resolve scalability bottlenecks
- Quantify and communicate the value created for clients
- Develop strategic direction and plans for the sales department with regard to all commercial functions including sales, marketing, business development, and customer support/customer experience.
- Manage sales operations organization, field sales organization, and manufacturer’s agents, distributors, and value-added-resellers to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Develop annual marketing plans per region and per market verticals.
- Manage the sales pipeline to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain initiatives in order to achieve up to date competitive analysis portfolio.
- Interact with the sales operations teams to ensure a smooth flow through the process in the CRM system from the outset to the closing stage.
- Develop annual and long term budgets for revenues as well as expenses.
Lyncwise Executive Search & Interim in Hilversum has been given the exclusive assignment to fill this vacant position.