Senior Business Development Manager Europe/CIS
The Korean multinational Samsung Group is active in electronics, machinery, chemicals, motors, and finance & insurance. Its global headquarters is located in Seoul, South Korea.
In Samsung SDS Smart Logistics we provide innovative services by developing and applying optimized logistics solutions. We provide integrated logistics and information services based on our own platform and we provide SCM/Logistics consultancy to our customers. We offer entire logistics process management, including execution, consulting and optimizing. In Europe, our main customer is Samsung Electronics with whom we collaborate together with more than 15 Samsung European subsidiaries in order to optimize their European Supply Chain strategy for all electronics products.
In our process of continuous organizational development and globalization, we are looking for ambitious talent with an international mindset. We are at the start of a new organizational era. Together with our colleagues, we contribute to the current and future success of our company.
Samsung SDS is a rapidly growing organization, always looking for highly motivated and innovative individuals. If you are eager to tackle challenges, and looking for an environment that allows you to explore all the possibilities, Samsung SDS is the perfect match for you.
As a Business Development Manager you are responsible for growing the market share by acquiring, maintaining and developing profitable business from prospects. Samsung SDS is starting to gain new business and profiling itself as a new player on the logistics market. You are eager to start this exciting venture with us to make a success of Samsung SDS. You have an excellent understanding of the Contract Logistics solutions offered coupled with a strong knowledge of the Supply Chain Market & Trends.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Analyze and understand the market strategies and future trends in order to identify customer needs that create new business opportunities.
- Develop and grow the new prospects/target sales funnel.
- Prospect identification, lead qualification.
- Bring an existing network to our organization. Develop and maintain this networks at an executive level.
- Build and maintain the relationship with target clients in order to capture new profitable business;
- Manage the opportunity and lead the process of compiling the value propositions;
- Coordinating role in tender management, include solution design concepts, deadlines, supply added information, presentation;
- Secure the implementation and Go-Live of new business in line with the contractual agreement and hand over to operations.
- Bachelor or Master degree in logistics or commercial study with experience in logistics.
- Existing network within the industry is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a comparable role, including relevant supply chain experience in a complex distribution/warehouse environment.
- Proven entrepreneurial skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, additional European languages are an advantage.
- Project management experience.
- Willing to travel 20 – 30% of the time.
- Consultative selling.
- High level of communications skills.
- Conceptual thinking, with an inventive approach.
- Successful negotiation skills, with a commercial mindset.
- Cultural awareness: you can work in a corporate multicultural environment.
- A good doses of courage for exploring this new adventure with us.
- Hands-on mentality, eager to take initiative new opportunities and deliver targets.
- You are an entrepreneur who can work with a high degree of autonomy, but you are also a good team player as there will be a team of business development managers working starting this adventure together.
Samsung SDS is located in Delft, Breda, and Tilburg, with subsidiaries all over Europe. Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience, and your training. Next to this, we have outstanding secondary benefits, for instance, paid health care. Joining the team will provide you the opportunity to actively play a lead role in the business development of Samsung SDS and to operate and communicate within an international network. In this new field of business, the team will roll out the new strategy and set their agenda.