Senior Lean Expert Black Belt
Are you an enthusiastic and energetic personality who knows how to motivate people and achieve results?
Are you analytically strong and do you have a passion for improving processes, changing cultures, and professionalizing leadership?
Stolt-Nielsen is looking for you!
Stolt Tankers operates the world’s largest and most sophisticated ﬂeet of chemical and parcel tankers. Our global fleet includes 71 deep-sea ships that are seamlessly integrated with regional vessels across Europe, Asia, and the Caribbean; with coastal ﬂeets in Asia; and inland barging services in Europe and the U.S. Gulf.
This unrivaled reach not only gives customers access to the quality and reliability for which Stolt Tankers is renowned but also the ﬂexibility to adjust to the changing demands of dynamic global supply chains.
Stolt-Nielsen is looking for a Senior Lean Expert Black Belt to help Stolt Tankers becoming a World Class shipping company!
Stolt-Nielsen is looking for a talented CI Expert who has the ambition and drives to make Stolt Tankers the world’s best shipping company. You will become part of the World Class Transformation team that is responsible for managing their value creation program, achieving both Operational and Commercial Excellence and improving. A challenging position for sure, but you will get the opportunity to work in the engine of our company driving our World Class transformation program – an excellent position to contribute to the long-term success of the company.
What can you expect?
You will become part of the World Class Transformation team that currently consists of three project managers and five CI Experts and a PMO officer.
Some possible projects and activities you might get involved with:
- Facilitating the Hoshin Kanri process
- Implementing Strategic (Performance) Management for Sr. Managers
- Implementing Daily (Performance) Management in teams (=Operational Management)
- Providing CI training to Stolt Tanker employees and managers
- Providing training and coaching for (senior) leadership on their leadership style
- Coaching of employees, team leaders, and senior managers in applying the CI methodology such as A3 methodology
- Developing and improving the Stolt Tankers CI standards, methods, and tooling
- Coaching medior CI Experts
At a later stage:
- Professionalize Strategic Management and Daily Management in the organization
- Standardizing and improving end-to-end processes in Commercial, Operations, and Shipowning (focus on training & coaching teams and managers)
- Bringing the CI methodology and culture to our vessels
Stolt-Nielsen’s scope is the global Stolt Tankers organization. Although a lot of the work can be done remotely from their office in Rotterdam, traveling to other offices (Houston, Singapore, and Manilla) might at times be necessary.
- Certified Lean expert with 3 – 6 years of relevant CI experience
- Acts on Black Belt level (Nice to have: experience with statistical methods (Six Sigma), Agile and Customer journeys)
- Academic education or equivalent ability (formal education min HBO level)
- You are analytically strong and a fast thinker / you are good with numbers and can use Excel at an advanced level for performing complex analysis
- Can separate what matters from what doesn’t: can put his/her finger on the weak spots
- You are very reflective by nature: learning, exploring, inquisitive, open-minded, growth mindset, making mistakes is a way to learn – also for yourself!
- Can coach senior leaders / middle managers (not necessarily LT members)
- Doesn’t need to work in a ‘Shop in shop’ concept (with lots of autonomy), but embraces collaboration in the team
- Sees the challenge in creating a cultural change that brings bottom-line results. Not so much in doing very complex instrumental projects. Focus is on training and coaching employees and managers
- You can bring structure to chaos and you can separate what matters from what doesn’t matter: knows how to create a plan of approach for a new project
- You are a positive and energetic personality who can get groups moving, without placing yourself continuously in the spotlight
- You can see group dynamics and can intervene accordingly on a systemic level
- You are experienced and have a lot of interest in change management
- You can connect with all levels in the organization from the shop floor to the Leadership Team
- You are ambitious and you go the extra mile
- You do not have a ‘9 to 5’ mentality and you deliver on your promises
- You can work in a dynamic environment with a lot of uncertainty
- You are fluent in English
Lyncwise Executive Search & Interim in Hilversum has been given the exclusive assignment to fill this vacant position. After an interview with Dorien Weber from Lyncwise, it is decided which candidates to nominate. Stolt-Nielsen decides which candidates are going to be invited for a first interview.
A case presentation will be part of the procedure.
CONTACTPERSOON LYNCWISE EXECUTIVE SEARCH & INTERIM