Senior Sales Manager
WizeNoze is an award winning growth-stage startup which develops software that enables students to find content online that matches their reading ability – raising their educational performance. We use the latest technology in natural language processing and machine learning to classify and adapt content in our search engines. You’ll be responsible for selling our products into enterprise partnerships in the B2B market. This will improve how students discover and interact with the online world from the age of 6 up to 21
Wizenoze is an international team of educators, scientists, commercials, and developers in child-computer interaction and machine learning. They truly believe in only ‘hiring the best’ and love proactiveness, ownership, and flexibility. Their HQ is in Amsterdam, with a UK office in Shoreditch, London. The team come from all over the world: South Africa, Hungary, Greece, the UK and The Netherlands.
Wizenoze works as a distributed team with plenty of remote work support via tools like Asana, Hangouts, Slack, etc. Their team is small and close-knit, making communication easy without an overload of process and management. They have lots of combined experience and do not settle for mediocre products. They only sell through significant partnerships that will enable us to scale quickly and deeply across schools, colleges and libraries. They focus on agile development (both for product and sales development) via a rapid prototyping methodology.
As a Senior Sales Manager you will be able to define a sales strategy to build the company from growth to scale stage. As a highly valued member of the senior team, a generous rewards package based on a combination of a fixed salary and a sales performance will be offered. In addition, after 6 months of successful delivery, an option package can be discussed.
Responsibilities and duties
- Seeking out major (enterprise) clients and forming working relationships with the premier buyers in the education industry
- Forging relationships with new clients at Executive/Board level
- Identifying valuable emerging markets, continuously widening the leads pipeline
- Accurately forecasting future sales and forming sales plans to adapt to constant shifts in the marketplace
- Serving as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expositions
- Maximising company profit
- Foreseeing and avoiding stagnation in the marketplace
- Writing customer proposals and contracts, as well as, grant applications
- Take responsibility for each sale lifecycle – from lead to opportunity through to closure and on-going customer account support
- Establishing clear and robust procedures to keep track of leads and opportunities using the company CRM system
- Educated to degree level
- 10+ years senior sales experience
- Charismatic and persuasive, showing passion and self-belief in the products you are selling, persuasive and confident, with empathy and patience
- Significant network of influencers – particularly within the education sector.
- Measurable track record of significant sales deals
- Experience of writing customer proposals for significant deals and grants for significant amounts.
- The position will have a significant amount of travel expected.
- Experience in managing and creating sales contracts
- Excellent presentation skills to effectively influence future buying behaviour – at external meetings, as well as, large trade shows and education conferences
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and social skills. You will be often the ‘face’ of the company, meeting customers and key stakeholders, so you need to be able to communicate effectively and deal with conflicting opinions in a professional manner
- Excellent written skills. You will write external facing proposals and contracts in line with company policy. As well as, grant applications.
- Internal, cross-functional communication and collaboration. You will be working with tech, sales, customers, users, and have to be comfortable speaking the language of each and coordinating across teams.
- Bring evidence-based decision-making to all aspects of your work
- Be a ruthless prioritiser while balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders
CONTACTPERSOON LYNCWISE EXECUTIVE SEARCH & INTERIM
Executive search specialist in Telecom, Consumer Products & Logistics
De ontwikkeling en groei van onze klanten – dát is de focus in het werk van Susan. Als medeoprichter van Lyncwise bewijst zij als geen ander dat effectieve executive search staat of valt met een doelgerichte en vooral persoonlijke benadering. Zo komen de beste verbindingen tussen mensen en organisaties tot stand. Dankzij haar enorme netwerk, gedegen kennis van het (digital)marketing- en salesvakgebied en warme persoonlijkheid weet Sue altijd een goed resultaat te behalen. Ze is gestructureerd en gefocust, betrouwbaar en loyaal. Een prettige sparring partner, die behalve doortastend ook integer te werk gaat. Beter kunt u het eigenlijk niet treffen.
Partner bij Lyncwise Executive Search & Interim Management
Bergweg 40, Hilversum
+31 6 477 600 37
Linked-In profiel van Susan
Contact opnemen met Susan