Does working in a high tech environment and having strategic negotiations energize you?
ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production, and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Worldwide over 19.000 people work at ASML, with important settlings in the United States, Asia and the head office in Veldhoven. The employees of ASML share the passion for technology with a customer focus. At ASML one works ongoing for the further development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems. Working at ASML is therefore challenging and extremely dynamic. To remain successful the company has ambitious objectives and high standard requirements. ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips.
They design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
As a large-scale system integrator, ASML focuses on extensive outsourcing and integration of its supply chain. Approximately 90% of the manufacturing cost price is accounted for by purchased goods. Therefore, high-level flexibility must be built into the supplier network. The Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Department creates, maintains and qualifies this global network and is responsible for all suppliers interaction. This enables the execution of the ASML Business Unit plans (Development, Production and Customer Support) and operates according to the principles of Value Sourcing.
Within our Strategic Sourcing & Procurement department, we would like to welcome an enthusiastic Sourcing Lead. Sourcing Lead is a challenging position reflecting the dynamics of ASML with a high spend responsibility and frequent exposure to Senior Management.
The procurement team is responsible for sourcing, managing supplier relationships and contracting. The team consists of procurement professionals with a can-do mentality and the ability to build bridges with internal stakeholders and external suppliers. The Sourcing Lead reports to the Category Manager.
The Sourcing Lead is responsible for further strengthening and developing the ASML’s Procurement team and will operate in the supply market of product-related goods. He or she acts both independently and as a team member and ensures the setup and realization of tactical and operational goals.
- Manages overall procurement for product related goods and drives for continuous improvements
- Prepares, and execute negotiations for required contracts within the assigned category
- Builds and maintains long-term relationships with international suppliers
- Is able to negotiate on various management levels internally and externally
- Uses subject matter expertise and market knowledge to shape the stakeholder demand
- Involves the supplier in the early stages of New Product Introduction
- Actively contributes to the efficiency of the category team
- Is willing to travel
Higher vocational education/Master-degree in a relevant area (e.g. Business Economics, Business Administration, Technology Management, Physics, Electrical Engineering)
- You have a min. 3 years of work experience in a professional, complex and international procurement and/or consultancy experience
- You have experience in a similar high tech environment (Mechatronics and Electronics area)
You are a strong negotiator
- You are a team player with proven ability to successfully manage complex multi-disciplinary projects
- You have excellent financial skills
- You preferably have procurement experience in a packaging category
- You preferably have experience with relationship management
Good communicator combined with a result-driven, hands-on mentality. Problem-solving team player who creates a strong commitment with internal stakeholders and external parties. Analytical, structured, accurate and able to maintain an overview, assess priorities and focus on concrete results.