Strategic Marketing Manager
In this position, the Strategic Marketing Manager is responsible for the marketing strategy covering the Northern European (NEBA) region (Netherlands, Belgium & Luxembourg, United Kingdom & Ireland, and the Nordics). He/she will play a pivotal role in identifying and bringing across the local business and market demands at the group level effectively.
For this position we are looking for a dynamic candidate who is able to act at Group level, being able to influence with diplomacy while having a pragmatic attitude.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Is driving the strategic marketing cycle – gathers input locally to define product development requirements at Group level
- Executes market research to obtain market data regarding consumers, competition, technologies, channels and countries to identify and share market trends and business opportunities
- Gives input at strategic level regarding product quantities, sales, and margin for each country, (multi-)brand, and channel
- Acts as liaison between NEBA and the Group – advocate NEBA’s marketing priorities while keeping in synch with the Group’s strategy
- Builds brand awareness and oversees the organization of trade shows and other major events
- Inspires leads by example and coaches the marketing team
- Master’s degree in Marketing/Economics plus an MBA
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within an international matrix organization
- Experience with a technical A-brand in B2B and B2C
- Is pragmatic by nature: combines quality and speed
- Fluent in local language and English. French is considered as an advantage
- Travels frequently
Lyncwise Executive Search & Interim in Hilversum has been given the exclusive assignment to fill this vacant position. After an interview with Susan Abbink from Lyncwise, it is decided which candidates to nominate. Somfy decides which candidates are going to be invited for a first interview. An assessment and reference check can be part of the procedure.
Somfy believes in smarter buildings with happier and productive occupants. They are committed to significantly improving the performance of facades by automating solar shading with intelligent controls and motors.
Somfy is the world leader in the automatic control of openings and closures in homes and buildings.
People around the world dream of enjoying safe, healthy, and eco-friendly living conditions for themselves and their loved ones.
To meet these essential requirements for improved living conditions, Somfy Group creates innovative solutions for homes and buildings in three areas:
- comfort and well-being for everyone at all ages,
- the security of people and property, and
- preservation of the environment
Somfy is innovating to create better living environments accessible to everyone. They do this through three activities:
- Home & Building: Shutters & Awnings, Interior Solutions, High-Performance Façades
- Connected Solutions: Boxes and new connectivity technologies, Security
- Access: Gates, Garage doors, Security grilles, Urban access control
Somfy is the brand of choice among European manufacturers and installers specialized in residential access. This is why it continues to innovate to offer products with even better technology and features.
The Somfy Group has a portfolio of nine complementary commercial brands, driven by the Somfy brand. Together, they cover most automation needs for openings and closures of homes and buildings around the world. They also offer the Group to service its distribution channels –manufacturers, installers, DIY superstores, e-commerce, and architects.
CONTACTPERSOON LYNCWISE EXECUTIVE SEARCH & INTERIM